Wednesday 5 August 2009

Redbridge Youth Services Summer UNI Programme

Today I visited the Downsall Centre at Aldborough Road South. In my role as Chairman of Redbridge Carnival I was invited to facilitate a learning session to the young 13- 21 year olds who were undergoing a programme on a pre-selected course in Event Management. I had produced a 20 minute powerpoint presentation with pictures and lots of interesting facts on the history and development of Redbridge Carnival, whilst also promoting the ideology and principles of our existing Redbridge Carnival Association:

Promoting Community Cohesion
Promoting Local Talent
Promoting Good Community Citizenship

The young people at the session posed questions on how to seek funding, how to promote an event, intricate questions about health and safety and policing issues and much more. I was pleased to be able to use some of my experience to provide some positive and useful information to the group before me.

The young participants are going to be planning, promoting and facilitating 1 hours worth of entertainment and an arts and craft tent at our carnival on the 5th September 2009. I wish them the best of luck for the future and believe having met with them...that the professionalism that exuded from them will result in one hell of an exciting performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment